The more often you post on your blog, the more successful it has the potential to be. Beyond posting regularly on your blog, there are some things you can do online that occur off your site that could help your blog get found. Off page search engine optimisation efforts can be highly effective for driving traffic and search engine rankings for your blog.
Search engines look at links pointing to your site to help it determine popularity and to help rank for keyword phrases and people who see your content on another site could click links that take them back to your blog.
Off Page SEO Ideas:
- Guest blog on other blogs in your industry. Many blog owners are more than happy to host a guest post if it’s useful and informative to their audience. Most will let you put a byline in the post that links back to your blog.
- Press releases can be a great way to get attention, too. You’ll need to write something newsworthy in a press release format (such as a promo, breaking industry news, free report or ebook giveaway, new site design, or other newsworthy item) and it’ll take time to either distribute it manually across press release sites or money to pay a service to distribute it for you but it could also get syndicated and get you a good degree of exposure and resulting traffic.
- Blog comments. By commenting on other blogs with a link back to your blog, this could give you a link that is noticed by search engines and could direct traffic to your blog, too, via curious blog visitors who click your link. There’s an art to using blog commenting to your advantage. One thing to remember is that you need to be a participant in a conversation, not someone who is simply trying to lure traffic somewhere else.
- Directory articles. Submitting an informative article on a syndicated article directory helps you drive traffic and links to your blog (they allow a link in a byline that you can use to direct traffic to your blog) and because the articles are available for syndication, other websites could post them and link back to your blog, too.
- Videos. Posting videos and directing traffic back to your blog is another good off page SEO method.
- Social bookmarking. Linking to your blog from social sites can be a great way to get traffic and the links could count from an SEO perspective, too. Twitter and Facebook can be useful but there are many other (hundreds of them) social bookmarking sites to look at, too, that could help you get traffic and improve your rankings with search engines as well as help you get viral attention.
Off Page + On Page = SEO Success
The #1 thing to remember is that on-page content is the most essential method of building an audience and of income earning potential but spending time consistently on off-page content can be another way to help your blog get found. Consider posting quality content on your blog often but also consider a frequent schedule of off-page SEO activities to help get your blog found with off page SEO!